In light of the numerous and recent changes to legislation, namely Act 153 of 2014, in relation to volunteers obtaining and renewing clearances, we have developed the following protocols.
2. Required Clearances:
1. A report of criminal history from the Pennsylvania State Police (PSP). https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp
2. Child Abuse History Clearance from the Department of Human Services https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home
3. CR Volunteer Affidavit– if the volunteer has lived in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania for the last ten years.
4. If an individual has lived
outside of the Commonwealth of PA in the last ten years, he/she must obtain a
fingerprint based federal criminal history
1. The Human Resources Office will maintain a database of volunteers and clearance data. Volunteers are to obtain their clearances and then submit those clearances to Ms. Monica McLaughlin in the Human Resources Office.
2. Clearances can be submitted by:
a. Hand delivering original clearances to Ms. McLaughlin between the hours of 8:00am – 4:30pm Monday through Friday.
b. Sending original clearances via US mail to Ms. McLaughlin at Chancellor Center, 30 North Chancellor Street, Newtown, PA 18940.
3. When all clearances are completed the volunteer will be permitted to begin providing volunteer services in the district. Volunteers will be provided a volunteer badge (at each visit) to wear while providing services. CRSD yellow volunteer badges will no longer be issued and are no longer valid.
4. New Volunteers may not begin providing service to schools and students until the clearances are satisfactorily completed.
For more information contact the Human Resources Office at 215-944-1000.