For questions or further information please contact your school’s media festival representative. If you would like to be a Media Festival volunteer, contact Maryann Molishus at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Media Festival Representatives - What a great team!
Churchville – Ms. Doherty, Ms. Weiss, Ms. Wilson
Goodnoe – Mrs. Pearce and Mrs. Molishus
Hillcrest - Ms. Geller and Mr. Crowley
Holland – Mrs. R. Moore
Newtown Elementary – Mrs.
Richboro Elementary - Ms. Pressman
Rolling Hills - Mrs. Fitzgerald and Mrs. McDonald
Sol Feinstone – Mrs. Durkin
Welch - Mrs. Wojton
Wrightstown – Mrs. Matteo
NOTE: Your media festival representative can give you information about where to submit a copy of your project for judging. They will be saved to our CR Intranet. Click on Elementary (on the left), then scroll down a bit. On the left, at the bottom of the listing, select Media Festival. Click "Shared Documents" and then you will see folders for each school. Within the folders, save to the correct grade level or to teacher. Here is the link: https://therock.crsd.org/elementary/mediafest/default.aspx
Media projects may be entered into the following Media Festival Categories for the 2016-2017 School Year:
Type of Project (You can select only one per submission. If you are not sure of the category in which to submit your project, ask your representative.)
- Sequential Stills (includes typical PowerPoint presentations, Keynote presentations and photo stories. Sequential stills can be converted to video files and still be submitted in this category.)
- Web Site (presented over the internet; can be one or more pages)
- Live Action Video (includes recording of live actors, news reporters, public service announcements, etc.)
- Digital Publications (digital books - such as those created with iPad apps, Glogster and similar projects, digital newspapers, e-portfolios, and brochures and similar publications that can be shared digitally)
- Animation (drawings, objects, or computer graphics that are programmed to move with or without sound)
- Other - Be creative! Entries could include such things as podcasts, digital learning games, or certain Smart Notebook activities. This category could also be considered if you use a combination of a variety of the above categories to create one entry.
16-17 Media Festival Important Dates:
- School Level Media Festival Applications Open Now! Projects created from April 1- June 2016 can be submitted as well as projects created during the 16-17 school year.
- Promotional Design Contest Opens - September 30, 2016
- Promotional Design Contest Closes - December 1, 2016
- Promotional Design Contest Winner Recognition at School Board Meeting - January 19, 2017
- School Level Media Submission Closing Date - April 17, 2017
- Judging - April 19, 2017 (tentative)
- Media Festival Public Presentation at Newtown Middle School - June 6, 2017 (Participant Reception begins at 6:30 in lobby area. Recognition Event begins at 7:00 in the auditorium.)