2014 Color run at South
NMS Track Clothing Order: Sale Ends 4/25
Link Below: Online Ordering Only
There will be no practice on meet days and on early dismissal days
Only members who try-out for a Spring sport and do not make that team will be allowed to join the track team at this time (3/19/14)
We Had an Amazing 2013 Tack Season! We had 115 students on the team, which was comprised of 7th graders, 8th graders, girls, and boys. Every student went to at least one meet and many kids competed in multiple meets. The NMS track team participated in 14 meets, 3 home meets at CR North and 11 away meets, in addition to the Penn Relay Trials. We competed against our sister CR schools, in addition to middle schools from the following districts: Central Bucks, William Tennett, and Pennsbury.
Some highlights of the season include:
* watching kids develop a love for track throughout the season
* helping kids refine their skills, learn new techniques, and try different events
* watching teammates cheer each other on during practice and at meets
* seeing kids create goals and work hard to beat their own Personal Records
* amazing captains who demonstrated leadership, responsibility, and committment to the team
* an incredible season in terms of team victories
* playing capture the flag during an occassional practice- 8th grade boys dominated!
* having the opportunity to get in some training runs at Tyler State Park
* having an ultra competive girls and guys Penn Relay Trial team
* having the fastest girl and boy 100 meter runners on our team that took first place in every 100 meter race they ran in against middle school teams from Central Bucks, William Tennett, and Council Rock.
We Had a Terrific Year and we will very much miss our 8th graders, but we wish them best of luck at CR North next year. We are hoping our incoming 7th graders will demonstrate the same level of committment to our team this year as in pervious years so that the 2014 season will be competive, enjoyable, and rewarding for the entire team. GO NMS! :)
Stay tuned for announcements regarding our February 2014 information meeting,
NMS Track Coaches