SAFE2SAY SOMETHING TIPLINE
SAFE2SAY SOMETHING SAFETY PROGRAM
S2SS is part of ACT 44, a law that was signed into effect on June 12, 2018, by the PA General Assembly that contains multiple enhanced provisions for school safety and security.
S2SS is designed to help students and school staff recognize risk factors and signals of those who may be a threat to themselves or others. From a student perspective, S2SS teaches students to treat every warning sign seriously and to act quickly to get help by talking to a trusted adult and/or by reporting it anonymously to the Pennsylvania S2SS Crisis Center via telephone, mobile device, or website. The program is based on the following three-step system:
1) An anonymous tip is submitted via one of the following options:
- Website: www.safe2saypa.org
- Tip Line: 1-844-SAF2SAY
- Mobile App
2) All calls and tips are received by the 24/7 S2SS Crisis Center.
- An S2SS Crisis Center analyst receives and reviews tip information.
- The tip is triaged and categorized as either life safety or non-life safety.
- The tip is then sent to school officials and law enforcement / 911 call center (as needed) via text, email, and/or phone call.
3) School officials and law enforcement intervene and/or offer assistance.
- School officials and law enforcement (as needed) investigate, assess, and intervene with reported at-risk individuals.
- School officials report their outcomes into the Safe2Say Something platform and close out the tip, ensuring accountability for every tip submitted.