BULLYING AFFECTS EVERYONE INVOLVED: THE TARGET, THE BULLY, AND THE BYSTANDERS.
RECENT STATISTICS SHOW THAT:
· 1 out of 4 kids is Bullied.
· 1 out of 5 kids admits to being a bully, or doing some "Bullying."
· 8% of students miss 1 day of class per month for fear of Bullies.
· 43% fear harassment in the bathroom at school.· 282,000 students are physically attacked in secondary schools each month.
· More youth violence occurs on school grounds as opposed to on the way to school.
· 80% of the time, an argument with a bully will end up in a physical fight.
· 1/3 of students surveyed said they heard another student threaten to kill someone.
· 46% of males, and 26% of females reported they had been in physical fights.
· Those in the lower grades reported being in twice as many fights as those in the higher grades. However, there is a lower rate of serious violent crimes in the elementary level than in the middle or high schools.
· Teachers are also assaulted, robbed and bullied. 84 crimes per 1,000 teachers per year.
From: Bureau of Justice Statistics - School Crime & Safety