What Should I Do If I’m Bullied?
How to deal with bullying:• Tell your parents or other trusted adults. They can
help stop the bullying.
• If you are bullied at school, tell your teacher,
school counselor, or principal. Telling is
• Don’t fight back. Don’t try to bully those who
• Try not to show anger or fear. Students who bully
like to see that they can upset you.
• Calmly tell the student to stop…or say nothing
and then walk away.
• Use humor, if this is easy for you to do. (For
example, if a student makes fun of your clothing,
laugh and say, “Yeah, I think this shirt is kind of
• Try to avoid situations in which bullying is likely
to happen. You might want to
• Avoid areas of the school where there are not
many students or teachers around.
• Make sure you aren’t alone in the bathroom
or locker room.
• Sit near the front of the bus.
• Don’t bring expensive things or lots of money
• Sit with a group of friends at lunch.
• Take a different route through hallways or
walk with friends or a teacher to your classes.