Beginning Strings Homework:Specific homework assignments will be posted weekly on Google Classroom :)All lesson group reminders:
- Practice holding position - violin/viola: left shoulder, jaw in rest, 10:00 position, cello/bass: Endpin about 2 feet in front of you, centered in middle of body with neck on the left side, C peg behind left ear.
- Review the names of the strings - violin:GDAE, viola/cello:CGDA, bass:EADG.
- Practice pizzicato (plucking) using your right pointer finger (Backwards "L")
- Practice correct wrist position - violin/viola: straight left wrist (not collapsed), cello/bass: square fingers.
- Practice fingerings on the tape - violin/viola: 1,2,3 fingers on tapes, cello: 1,2,3,4 on tapes, bass: 1,4 on tapes.
Practice hand-out and/or assigned pages in the book. Remember to focus on the pieces that you will be assessed on each week!