Welcome Back Class of 2024!
Grade Level Principal:
Students are assigned to counselors alphabetically. Below is a list of counselor assignments for current 11th graders:
Grade 11 - General Information and Student Responsibility Timeline
· Get off to a good start! This year is going to be a busy one with future planning and standardized testing! Continue to challenge yourself academically and focus on getting the best grades possible
· PSAT Register for the PSAT, offered at North on Saturday October 15, 2022. Click Here for detailed instructions.
· Continue involvement! Keep participating in activities that interest you in school or outside of school and increase your leadership role in these activities. Attend the Activities Fair held in the lobby and cafeteria during lunches in early September.
· National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) If you are considering competing at the college level in a Division I or Division II sport, please let your counselor know. Visit http://eligibilitycenter.org for information on the NCAA Clearinghouse.
· Learning In Neighborhood Community Service (LINCS) Keep working on your LINCS hours. Visit the website to learn about opportunities to help out in your community. Although LINCS hours are not a requirement for graduation, 60 hours are required if you would like your service documented on your official transcript. LINCS hours may also be required for various Honor Societies. Visit the LINCS website for more information.
· Naviance Student: Update your contact information in your Naviance Student profile. Keep using this website to explore colleges and become familiar with their requirements.
· College Representatives Visits Juniors are invited to attend college representative visits that are scheduled in the counseling office from late September through Thanksgiving. Visit the Naviance website to view the schedule and to print out a pass.
· College Planning Seminars Juniors will attend a seminar, hosted by counselors, on the College Exploration Process utilizing Naviance in December/January.
· SAT/ACT Tests Consult with your counselor to review PSAT scores and identify the best time for you to take these tests. Register online for these tests at collegeboard.com and act.org respectively.
· Course Selection Counselors will meet with juniors during the month of February to choose classes for the following school year.
· College Fair Attend the Council Rock College Fair, hosted by CR North on March 23, 2023 to obtain information on colleges that interest you. Over 200 colleges and universities are invited to attend.
· College Conferences - Individual Meet with your counselor in the spring to identify colleges that are a good fit for you.
· Advanced Placement Exams Prepare for these exams, if applicable, which take place during the first two weeks of May.
· College Visits Visit, visit, visit college campuses! This is the best way to know if a college is right for you. Make sure you register for a tour and/or information session if time permits. Ask to sit in on a class in your intended major or speak with a student. Juniors are allowed three excused absences to visit colleges. A note from a parent is required to verify absence.
· Summer Keep visiting colleges that are top on your list. Write application essays. Research scholarship opportunities in Naviance. Begin the application process.