Develop Good Practice Habits:
- Set up a regular practice schedule and practice at a consistent time each day.
- Find a quiet, comfortable place to practice where you will not be interrupted.
- Set up a practice routine to include: sustained tones, warm up exercises and scales, review material, new material, sight reading, and warm down (play a song you enjoy).
- Make sure you have clear goals to accomplish during practice.
- Record the amount of time and the days that you practice.
- Practicing each day is better than practicing additional time on fewer days.
- Remember that every instrument has periods in the learning process that will be challenging. Learn the definition of the word "persevere" (to persist or keep trying in spite of difficulties).