Mission, Rationale and Belief Statement
The Mission of the Council Rock North Emotional Support program is to provide a safe, structured, conducive, and productive environment in partnership with staff, families and the community to meet the educational, vocational, and emotional needs of the students so they experience personal growth and internalize a strong sense of achievement to become lifelong learners and productive members of society.
The Emotional Support program was established to address students that require a smaller setting to support their emotional and academic needs. These needs are best met in a smaller classroom that can concentrate on the repair of specific behaviors as well as academic deficiencies. This program’s goal is to help students realize their feelings, actions, and academic deficiencies through a holistic approach to education. Our program will continue to evolve and change as we service individual students and their needs. Communication and cooperation from each student and their families is a major component of this program and is vital in achieving optimal success for the student.
- Respect, empathy, and tolerance for others; a sense of personal dignity; and responsibility for ones’ words and actions are personal qualities to be fostered.
- Learning that is personally meaningful and met with enthusiasm and interest as well as being academically rigorous promotes individuals to be lifelong learners.
- Learning that is relevant to adolescent lives and transferrable to adult living, prepares students to be productive members of their communities.
- Teamwork amongst the Emotional support staff, district staff, students, parents, and community is vital for student growth.
- A restorative approach is conducive to learning and personal growth when provided in an environment that is safe, consistent, structured, and supportive.
- All students with identified special needs have the right to receive their education in the least restrictive environment that meets their individual needs.
- Attend school daily
- Be prepared and participate in learning
- Follow all school/classroom rules
- Respect the physical boundaries of others
- Communicate using respectful language and voice tone
- Display tolerance for racial, ethnic, religious, sexual orientations and gender differences