COUNCIL ROCK NORTH HIGH SCHOOL CHEERLEADING CONTRACT
NORTH CHEERLEADING EXISTS
- To encourage school spirit and pride in Council Rock North High School.
- To promote physical and mental development.
- To develop lifelong values and skills.
NORTH CHEER PROGRAM MISSION IS TO:
- Promote and uphold school spirit, unity and pride.
- Represent the school to the highest degree
- Set an example of good behavior and sportsmanship at all times (whether in uniform or not)
- Promote friendship with each other and with schools with whom we compete, perform and go to camp.
- Promote the development of lifelong values and skills.
EDUCATIONAL VALUE TO COUNCIL ROCK NORTH HIGH SCHOOL
Membership on a cheer squad offers a unique opportunity for personal growth, leadership, and involvement in diverse activities. The attitude, dedication, and enthusiasm of the squad members are just as important as the skills involved in spirit leading. Members of the cheer squad are committed to the highest level of athleticism, performance, self-discipline, respect for the school and others, personal exemplary conduct and the performance of all responsibilities related to the pursuit of school spirit and pride. Furthermore, cheerleaders demonstrate a proven ability to balance academic requirements and demands with extra-curricular and personal activities.
- Cheer at ALL football, girls’ & boys’ basketball games, (regular)
- Provide to the school when needed
- Compete at local, regional, state & national cheer competitions.
- Perform community service under the umbrella of Council Rock North High School cheerleaders.
NORTH CHEER PROGRAM STANDARDS:
Cheerleaders understand that teamwork and the maintenance of discipline is key to the success of the cheer program. Cheerleaders are dedicated to promoting spirit, enthusiasm, and a positive winning attitude through example. Adherence to the Cheer Program Standards is vital to achieving these goals. All members realize that the manner in which they conduct themselves, in or out of uniform, directly reflects on the entire team and school.
It is recognized that these standards are necessary to maintain squad morale, squad and individual discipline, and effective learning. Consistent enforcement of rules and regulations is also necessary to ensure the safety and general well being of each individual cheerleader. Participation in cheerleading is voluntary, not mandatory. It is a privilege, not a right, and may be revoked by the school personnel when a cheerleader violates the rules and regulations.
- For each week, members may not be failing two classes.
- All members must have a physical and signed permission note on file with the athletic department before try-outs and practices begin.
- All members must sign and abide by the North cheer contract.
- Cheerleading must take priority over all other extra-curricular activities (including jobs, School clubs) for the entire time of commitment.
- All practices, camp, games and competitions are mandatory.
- All members are expected to take part in fundraisers.
- Promoting good sportsmanship by way of example is required at all times. Members must not use foul language at practices, in school, at games, camp or competitions, etc.
- Proper appearance is required at all times, with clothing appropriate to the occasion
- By being part of the cheer squad, you are accepting the fact that your actions are more prominent than those not associated with such an activity. Because of this, exemplary behavior is mandatory at all times, anywhere in the community and at all school functions where you are a representative of Council Rock North High School.
- Members must cooperate with all faculty members, squad members, game officials and coaches.
- Cheerleaders must display proper behavior in class, including being on time, not skipping and not cheating
- Each case of discipline will be judged individually. The advisor/coach, with the assistance of the administration if deemed necessary, has the final decision in any disciplinary situation.
- Every attempt will be made to discipline fairly/equally, and to make consequences of actions known ahead of time. Parents will be kept informed of problem situations. Severity of, or repeated offenses may dictate harsher action.
- One person being absent affects the entire squad. It is important not to inconvenience the practice time of the entire squad by being absent.
- Absences should always be avoided when possible.
- Absences must be excused prior to practice/game. You must have a note from a doctor if you had an appointment or a call or note from you or your parent if you are sick. Call must be received at lease 2 hours prior to start time or the absence will be considered unexcused. Failures to notify your coach will result in an automatic notice of probation for not calling. 2 offenses will result in suspension from games.
- Missing a scheduled practice the day before a game may result in losing a spot in stunting.
- Absences due to work schedules are unexcused. Jobs must work around the cheer squad schedule.
- Absences due to Family vacation are unexcused.
- Absences due to school clubs are unexuced.
- Attendance at a game or practice without proper shoes, clothes or uniform will be considered an absence. You will also not be able to cheer at the game.
- Two Lates= one unexcused absence
- Two unexcused Absences will result in sitting out a game. Must be at game to sit out. This game will count as a missed game.
- If you miss a game and it is unexcused you will sit out the next game. Must be at game to sit out and this game will count as a missed game as well.
- 3-missed game will result in being asked to leave the team.
- All minutes late will be made up at the end of practice with a work out. ( For both unexcused or excused)
- If you are absence at the end of the next practice you will make up the missed day with work outs. ( For both unexcused and excused)
- Practices are mandatory.
- Cheerleaders must arrive to practice on time, wearing proper shoes and clothing.
- Hair needs to be out of the eyes and in a secured ponytail.
- Chewing gum or eating during practices is prohibited
- No jewelry!
- All taping or visits to the trainer must be done prior to start time.
- NO SITTING. You will not be allowed to sit during practice unless directed by your coaches or your captains. If you are not participating in a stunt or pyramid, you will be required to spot, work on dances, tumbling, new cheers, etc. Side conversation during practice especially during stunts, will result in team laps after practice.
- Make a habit of bringing a notebook and/or calendar and pen to practice. You will need to write down important times and dates.
- If you have to miss practice for any reason, you are required to call the cheer coach at least 2 hours prior to the start of practice. Failures to notify your coach will result in an automatic unexcused.
- If you do not attend school or sign in or out before the allowed time, you cannot attend practice. Coach needs to be notified by either you or your parent. Call must be received at least 2 hours prior to start time or the absence will be considered unexcused. Failures to notify your coach will result in an automatic notice of probation for not calling. 2 offenses will result in suspension from games.
- Missing practices that have valid excuses can still lead to being removed from a routine, a position or stunt, due to not physically being available to practice.
- For any reason if a cheerleader is not able to practice, she/he will not be allowed to sit on the side. She/he must actively help where’s needed as instructed by the coach.
- Missing the last practice before a game, performance, competition will result in losing a spot in stunting/performance.
- Safety is our first priority. No excessive horse-playing. Never stunt without the coach present.
- All games are mandatory
- Members are required to arrive at least 45 minutes before the game time.
- All taping or visits to the trainer must be done prior to the “45 minute before game” time.
- All cheer squad members must know all the cheers and routines for the game.
- Members are required to dress in full uniform.
- Hair must be pulled back away from the face and secured in a ponytail, bangs must not cover the eyes. Hair ties need to be uniform.
- Make-up should be worn in moderation.
- No jewelry. Nails need to be athletic length.
- No chewing gum or eating during games.
- Socializing with friends while the game is in progress is not allowed.
- If you do not attend classes or sign in/out before or after the aloud time the day of the game/competition/performance, you cannot attend event. Coach needs to be notified by either you or your parent. Call must be received at lease 2 hours prior to start time or the absence will be considered unexcused. Failures to notify your coach will result in an automatic notice of probation for not calling. 2 offenses will result in suspension from games.
- During game suspensions, the squad member will sit in uniform with the coach/advisor for the entire game and help where needed.
- Uniforms are provided by the school and must be cleaned.
- Team athletic shoes must be clean
- All Cheer Squad members must have the same uniform look.
- Do not use profanity, or misbehave in any of your cheerleader apparel (uniform, T-shirts, jackets. warm-ups) or while representing CRNHS at any event
- No jewelry is allowed during practices, performances or games.
- You may not wear your cheerleader uniform on off-campus, to any event, parades, competitions, etc. without the permission of your coach.
- All CRNHS issued uniforms/poms will be collected at the end of the season. You are responsible for all items.
- Do not wear colored bras under uniforms. If you wear a strapped bra be sure to wear nude colors or clear straps or Navy Blue.
- Fingernails must be sports length. Nail polish, if worn, must be clear or natural color.
- No gum chewing during practices, performances or games.
- All phones must be turned off during practices, performances or games.
- Hair must be in a secured full ponytail if shoulder length or below. Bangs must be out of the eyes.
- Cheerleaders will not loan out any piece of their uniform to anyone. Warm-ups and sweatshirts are considered part of your cheer wardrobe and should not be worn by anyone other than you or at any other time other than cheer activities.
- Cheerleaders must wear their team-designated outfit to school on game days.
PERFORMANCES AND CHEER LINES
Placement for performances and cheer lines will be based on participation, ability and effort. At the time of performance, if a team member does not have the routine clean enough for performance, they may be asked to sit out the performance.
- Cheerleaders are not allowed to drive to away games or competitions. They must ride in either school transportation or authorized transportation.
- Cheerleaders must be fully dressed in uniform or warm-ups including cheer shoes when they arrive to ride the school transportation. Hair must be up. This is to promote team unity and identity.
The following policy has been developed as a tool to promote teamwork, equality, self-
discipline and responsibility.
- DISRESPECT to any team member or coaching staff @ any time warrants dismissal. There will be NO talking back or rude comments.
Disciplinary action may result from the following:
- Wearing jewelry (ALL JEWELRY IS INCLUDED NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!!!)
- Using profanity in uniform
- Untidy uniform
- Talking to fans or other cheerleaders excessively during games
- Not being in-line before game or after half-time
- Display of unsportsmanlike conduct
- Uncooperative attitude
- Eating or drinking on floor/field (during games or practices)
- Absent from games, practices or other CRNHS/Cheerleading functions
- Cell phones turned on at any CRNHS sponsored event (practice, games, community service, etc.)
CHEER PROGRAM FINANCES
- Uniforms are required for participation on the cheer squad and are provided by the school.
- Uniforms are to be kept in good condition and clean at all times. The individual, at their own expense, will replace uniforms ruined, lost or stolen.
- Camp attendance is mandatory in order to participate on the cheer squad. Camp fees are the responsibility of the member. (Fundraising will be available.)
- If a member is removed from or chooses to quit the squad, they are still responsible for payment of all items ordered.
- Deposits made for cheer clothes, shoes, trips, competitions and/or camps are non-refundable.
- Additional expenses such as hair ties, Cheer apparel, and team warm-ups are the responsibility of the squad member.
- All fundraising money will be used for CRNHS Cheer program.
I have read and understand the Council Rock North High School Cheer Squad Contract. I agree to follow these standards and policies and cooperate fully with the other members of the cheer squad and the coach.
Cheerleader’s Signature Date
I have read and understand the Council Rock North High School Cheer Squad Contract. I agree to support these standards and policies.
Parent’s/Guardian’s Signature Date