This page has helpful links arranged by course. Feel free to visit this page even after your course with Mrs. Vierick!
Physical Science Links
- More Factor Label Problems--everyone loves these! Try them to help sharpen your skills
- Build an Atom--from simple to complex!
- Scale of the Universe--how big (or small) is stuff? Based on the powers of 10
- DNA Tube--like YouTube, but all about DNA. A mix of lower level and upper level concepts.
- Earthworm Dissection--helpful information about our friend the earthworm
- Virtual Earthworm Dissection--additional information for the earthworm
- Spark Notes Biology--Just as the links describes it
- CK-12 Biology Flexbook--free "textbook" of biological concepts...does not match our book 100%, but it is a great source
- Chem Game Tutor--love video games but not chemistry? This game goes over important chemistry concepts like significant figures, mole conversions, and stoichiometry.
- Why Chemistry Matters--a website from nobelprize.org that highlights some of the more intriguing aspects of chemistry.
- Sig Fig calculator--great to check if your calculations are rounded appropriately using significant figures.
Environmental Science Links
- Biomes of the World--Marietta College provides an interactive map with lots of great information about the world's biomes.
- Water Pollution Guide--this UK website gives general information, prevention, and treatment of water pollution
- Make your own plastic--this simple recipe relies in water, cornstarch, and vegetable oil.
- Avas Flowers Water Cycle--great information on the water cycle and an explanation of rainbows
- History of Vaccines--gives a timeline and interesting information regarding vaccines
- Micro*scope--good information on microbes and microscopes
- I Love Bacteria--adorable website with common bacteria and activities
Cool Science Stuff
- Determine your microbe personality--take this online quiz to see which microbe resembles you the most!
- Story Behind the Science--website with stories that include the people and personal events regarding important scientific processes and discoveries.
- Watch Know Learn--compilation of science and other educational videos--great as a study tool or to put in a presentation
- Learningscience.org--categorized by disciplines, this page has websites, ideas, and interactive tools to help understand specific topics more in depth
- Indiana BioLab--provides information good for science projects
- Bubble.us--great site for making free graphic organizers as a review tool
- Khan Academy--online videos about science topics
- Brightstorm--videos for homework help with science and other subjects