Council Rock Elementary Media Festival 2020 Rules and Guidelines
1. Council Rock School District teachers must submit all entries. All communication will be sent to the teacher responsible for the entry. Check with your teacher if you are interested in submitting a media project to the Council Rock Elementary Media Festival. (Henceforth referred to as Festival 2019.)
2. If the project contains copyrighted material, it is the responsibility of the student and teacher submitting the project to make sure all resources and media are appropriately cited. Projects that violate copyright and fair use rules may be disqualified.
3. Entries must represent school-related work that was completed after April 30, 2019. Projects must be part of a school curriculum assignment or lesson.
4. Entries must be received by midnight of the day of the submission deadline. The deadline will be posted on the Media Festival web site. Any projects completed after the 2020 deadline can be submitted for the 2021 Media Festival.
5. The student submitting an entry to the Council Rock Elementary Media Festival 2020 must be currently enrolled as an elementary student in the Council Rock School District.
6. The teacher submitting an entry into the Council Rock Elementary Media Festival 2020 must be currently employed by the Council Rock School District.
7. Teachers please note: When an entire class completes the same project, please submit your “best” 3-4 from your class.” Judges cannot review all projects from your entire class. An alternate suggestion, when appropriate, is to edit and combine your class’s projects into a “whole class” submission.
8. By submitting this project to the Festival 2020, I understand that the Festival 2020 holds the right to screen this project online and on CRTV and to use clips from the project for promotional purposes.
9. I understand that the Council Rock School District Elementary Media Festival 2020 is not responsible for any type of damage to or loss of the project during the course of the Festival 2020 or while the project is in the Festival's possession.
10. By submitting my media project, I release the Festival 2020 organizers from any and all liabilities regarding damage to or loss of the project while in the Festival's possession.
11. I understand adult content, including violence, language, or other adult themes will cause the project to be eliminated from consideration.
12. By submitting my media project, I am agreeing that if my submitted project is found to be in violation of one of the Council Rock Elementary Media Festival rules and regulations or the Council Rock School District Acceptable Use Policy, my project will be disqualified from this competition.
13. By submitting my media project, I also agree that the decisions of the Council Rock Elementary Media Festival judges are final and cannot be arbitrated.