First, please come to see me in person at school if you are interested in having me write you a letter of recommendation. Together we will determine whether or not I would be the most appropriate teacher to write you a letter of recommendation.Once it is determined that I will be writing a letter of recommendation for you, I will need you to submit the following information to me in person at school in the fall (Room 221 East) or via email (email@example.com).I WILL NEED ALL OF THIS INFORMATION FROM YOU AT LEAST THREE WEEKS BEFORE YOUR EARLIEST LETTER DEADLINE.
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your birthdate
- The title of the course you took with me
- Your final grade in that course
- The piece of literature on which you wrote an essay in my class
- One or two well-written quotes (your own words) from that essay
- The grade percentage you received on that essay
- Your strongest skills/abilities in English class
- Extracurricular activities/jobs in which you are involved in and out of school (be specific with organization names)
- A stamped and addressed envelope for each school that will receive a hard copy of the letter (use a post-it note with the letter's specific due date on each envelope). OR Please let me know via email whether the Common App. or Naviance will be handling some or all of your letter requests electronically.
I will email you if there is anything missing that would prevent me from being able to write the letter, and/or I will email when I send the letter. Thanks!