Topic 1 Keystone QuizThe questions in this quiz refer to topic 1: Biochemistry and the Molecules of Life
- Water is a _____ molecule, which lends it to many important properties.
- Compounds like H2O and CO2 would be ______, which compounds like C6H12O6 and C2H5O2N would be _____.
- Due to maximizing the number of _____ bonds, solid water is actually less dense than liquid water
- A macromolecule contains the elements C,H, and O. It is a polymer of hexagonal rings, and the elements come out to a ratio of ~1:2:1. Which macromolecule would this be?
- A monomer is to a polymer as...?
- Which of the following is not a part of an amino acid?
- The "lock and key" model refers to
- Hydrolysis involves the _____ of water to _____ a polymer.
- Glucose, a carbohydrate monomer, would be referred to as a(n)
- Biological protein catalysts speed up reactions by
a polysaccharide is to a monosaccharide
a nucleotide is to nucleic acid
a lipid is to a carbohydrate
a protein is to an amino acid
radical (r) group
monomers and polymers
an enzyme and a substrate
removal; break up
addition; break up
addition; build DNA
lowering activation energy
increasing the reaction temperature
decreasing the amount of reactant collisions
all of the above