Topic 2 Keystone Practice Review
The questions in this review refer to topic 2: Cells
1. Which type of cell has a nucleus?
2. The structure found in ALL cells that encloses a cell from the outside is the ______.
- Cytosol / cytoplasm
- Cell wall
- Endoplasmic reticulum
- Plasma / cell membrane
3. Plants have this structure that allows them to carry out photosynthesis
- golgi bodies
4. Due to having fewer items in the cell, ________ are usually smaller
5. Where are ribosomes made?
- Cytoplasm / cytosol
- Rough endoplasmic reticulum
6. Which do the cells of an E. coli bacterium and an elephant have in common?
- ribosomes to assemble proteins
- mitochondria to produce energy
- chloroplast found around the vacuole
- chromosomes located in the cytoplasm
- surrounded by a membrane
- able to leave a cell
- made up of carbohydrates
- contain DNA
8. The function of the nucleus is to
- make the cell bigger
- make proteins
- surround and protect the cell
- surround and protect the DNA
9. Which of the following correctly matches a cell part with its function?
- nucleus...make ATP
10. Some cells have a rigid _____ outside of the membrane for even more support.
- cell wall
- Golgi body
B, D, C, A, B, A, A, D, C, A