Topic 5 Keystone Practice Review
The questions in this review refer to topic 5:Cellular energy
1. The formula 6CO2 + 6H2O +light/enzymes ---> C6H12O6 + 6O2 refers to.
2. For eukaryotes, photosynthesis takes place in the _____.
3. Light-dependent reactions and light-independent reactions refer to
4. Glycolysis starts with _______ and breaks it in half to release ____ net ATP.
A. glucose; 2
B. glucose; 4
C. CO2; 2
D. CO2; 4
5.Photosynthesis converts ____ energy to ____ energy
6. As an alternate pathway to aerobic respiration, fermentation is associated with
A. in the absence of carbon dioxide
B. in the presence of carbon dioxide
C. in the absence of oxygen
D. in the presence of oxygen
7. Which two are practically opposite reactions?
A. dark reactions and light reactions
B. fermentation and kreb's cycle
C. photosynthesis and glycolysis
D. photosynthesis and respiration
8. The most ATP is generated during
A. Kreb's cycle and electron transport chain
B. light-dependent and light-independent reactions
C. glycolysis and fermentation
D. light-dependent reactions and fermentation
9. Which of the following is a type of fermentation?
A. lactic acid
C. both A and B
D. neither A nor B
10. A mushroom digests a dead log. How would you describe the mushroom?
A, B, D, A, B, C, D, A, C, C