Topic 6 Keystone Practice Review
The questions in this review refer to topic 6: DNA and its processes.
1. Which of the following is NOT part of a nucleotide?
A. 5-carbon sugar
C. nitrogenous base
D. phosphate group
2. Making an mRNA strand based on DNA is called
3. What type of bonds connect the two strands of DNA?
4. A group of 3 nucleotides read by a ribosome is referred to as a(n)
A. transfer RNA molecule
5. Translation does which?
A. DNA --> DNA
B. DNA --> RNA
C. RNA -->protein
D. RNA --> RNA
6. AATTGC --> ACTTGC would be what type of mutation?
7. AATTGC --> ATTGC would be what type of mutation?
8. Which of the following describes replication?
A. RNA --> DNA
B. RNA --> protein
C. DNA --> RNA
D. DNA --> DNA
9. of the following is NOT a type of RNA?
10. What are the rules for base pairing
A. A with G
B. A with T
C. A with C
D. G with U
B, A, B, B, C, C, A, D, C, B