Welcome to the Third Grade RtII Resource Center
Here you will find helpful information including:
programming information and
ideas for practice.The following is a list of Supplemental Programs that may be used during the intervention period to best support your child's needs in the area of reading:
SuperQAR QAR—Question Answer Relationships—is a research-based method for getting students to think about what they read. It helps students identify the type of question they're being asked and shows them how to approach each type to answer it correctly.
Read Naturally is a structured intervention program that combines teacher modeling, repeated reading, and progress monitoring — three strategies that research has shown are effective in improving students' reading proficiency. Using audio support and graphs of their progress, students work with high-interest material at their skill level.
Leveled Literacy Intervention The Fountas & Pinnell Leveled Literacy Intervention System (LLI) is a small-group, supplementary intervention program designed for young children who struggle with reading and writing.
Fundations is a program that develops phonemic awareness through tapping out of sounds to breaking apart blends, digraphs and closed sounds in words.
Websites related to Language Arts Activities
- rif.org– (Reading is Fundamental) this is a nonprofit organization that promotes children’s literacy
- starfall.com– teaches comprehension and phonics, contains exciting interactive books and phonics games
- phonicsworld.com– worksheets and games for children in grades 1-6
- bookadventure.com– helps find a book that is just right for you
- sadlier-oxford.com/phonics/student.cfm- use your knowledge of letters, sounds and words as you try out games and activities
- readwritethink.org– miscellaneous language arts-based activities
- http://www.readkiddoread.com/home- helps children choose popular books that might be a good fit
- http://bookwizard.scholastic.com/tbw/homePage.do - helps children choose popular books, each suggested book has a short summary
(Other great sites…)
(The sites below contain many helpful activities in various academic areas, including language arts.)