Topic 8 Keystone Practice Review
The questions in this review refer to topic 8: Evolution
1. Which would an animal breeder use to produce cows that give more milk?
A. Genetic isolation
B. Artificial selection
D. Acquired characteristics
2. Being able to survive and reproduce are the requirements for an organism to demonstrate _____
A. sexual selection
B. gene flow
D. adaptive radiation
3. The arm bones of a cat, a bat, and a human would be an example of
A. coevolutionary structures
B. vestigial structures
C. analogous structures
D. homologous structures
4. Remains of organisms that are preserved and can show evolutionary relationships are known as
A. disruptive selection
C. missing links
5. Where does variation in organisms come from?
A. the environment
C. future generations
D. Metaphase II
6. A variation that allows an organism to better survive in its environment is known as a(n)?
B. reductive trait
7. The theory of evolution is driven by the process of
A. natural selection
B. artificial selection
C. stabilizing selection
D. disruptive selection
8. Fish produce thousands of eggs every year. What part of Darwin's theory would this be?
9. A earthquake divides two pieces of land. What type of isolation would this be?
A. genetic isolation
B. behavioral isolation
C. temporal isolation
D. geographical/ecological isolation
10. Mating with relatives is known as
C. random mating
D. polygenic effect
B, C, D, B, B, C, A, A, D, A