Topic 9 Keystone Practice Review
The questions in this review refer to topic 9: Ecology
1. Where would a producer be found on a food chain?
A. the top
B. the bottom
C. the middle
D. they would not be found on one
2. With an energy pyramid, how does the energy change as you go up the pyramid?
A. it decreases by 90% each level
B. it decreases by different amounts each level
C. it increases by 90% each level
D. it increases by different amounts each level
3. Which of the following would NOT be an abiotic factor?
A. amount of sunlight
B. soil bacteria
4. A fox chases, attacks, and kills a rabbit. What type of relationship would this be?
5. Two foxes try to kill the same rabbit. What type of relationship would this be?
6. Which sequence best orders ecological categories from the one with the fewest number of individuals to the one with the greatest number of individuals?
A. ecosystem, population, community, biome
B. population, community, ecosystem, biome
C. biome, population, community, ecosystem
D. community, biome, population, ecosystem
7. All of the different species of microscopic organisms living in and on your body would be called a(n)
8. Anything that would decrease the growth, existence, or distribution of one organism or a whole population would be called a(n)
A. eutrophic event
C. stunting nutrient
D. limiting factor
9. A species that belongs to an ecosystem is called _____, while a species that does not belong to an ecosystem is called _____.
A. threatened; endangered
B. endangered; endemic
C. endemic; non-native
D. non-native; endemic
10.A forest burns down after a lightning storm. The slow, gradual process of replacing the forest with different types of plants would be called
D. a tragedy
B, A, B, B, A, B, A, B, C, B