Welcome to Mrs. Marsden's Accelerated Biology!My name is Mrs. Marsden, and I will be your teacher for this year. I look forward to having a great time teaching you.
- Introduction to science
- Cells and their processes
- Mendelian genetics
- Human genetics
- Bacteria and Viruses
- Intertebrates and Vertebrates
Supplies for this Course:
1” 3-ring binder with loose-leaf
Closed Toe Shoes
Colored Pencils / Highlighters
- Please be in your seat when the bell rings.
- Two unexcused latenesses -> a detention
- After two detentions -> a referral
- Follow the rules in the handbook
- No headphones, cell phones, inappropriate dress, cursing, etc.
- Follow the Golden Rule: Treat others and their property the way you would like other people to treat you.
- Absence: You must come to me when you return and we will agree and when items need to be turned in. You get one day for every day you are out. If you are absent the day of the review, you will take the test the next day. If you are absent the day of the test, you will take it the next class day.
- Homework: There is a no lateness policy for homework. If you do not do the homework, you get a 0.
- Lab safety: We will be doing labs a lot in biology. You MUST follow all safety instructions and rules.
- Plagiarism: Copied or too similar work will receive a grade of 0 for all people involved.
- Grading: Grades will approximately be broken down in the following manner:
- Assessments: 70% and includes chapter tests and quizzes
- Labs/Classwork/Homework: 30%, labs and major assignments will not be accepted late.
- The midterm exam and the final exam count as 25% of your 2nd and 4th marking period grades.
- On Tuesdays and Thursdays I will be staying after from 2:15 to 3:00 to help students.
Assessment Policy: See the Council Rock Student Handbook for student assessment explanation.