CENTRAL REGISTRATION OFFICE
30 North Chancellor Street, Newtown PA 18940 (Map)firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (215) 944-1091
2017-2018 KINDERGARTEN & NEW FIRST GRADE REGISTRATION
- Kindergarten Eligibility: Children must be five (5) years of age on or before September 1, 2017.
- AM/PM Placement: Kindergarten students will be assigned to either an A.M. or P.M. session. Placement in a session will be determined by the number of kindergarten sections in a particular school, as well as attendance areas and bus routes. Parents submitting a written request for either A.M. or P.M. kindergarten session are advised that the School District cannot guarantee these requests will be granted. Every effort is made to accommodate requests; however, the number of requests for our A.M. session typically outnumbers our available space. Decisions regarding which session a child is assigned will be communicated to parents in July, once all registrations have been completed, the number of class sections per school has been determined, and transportation routes for the new school year have been developed. Parents who have children eligible to attend kindergarten or first grade for the 2017-18 school year should contact their local elementary school (a list is at the bottom of this page).
- First Grade Eligibility: Children should be six (6) years of age on or before September 1, 2017. A child may be admitted early to first grade if he/she will be six (6) years of age on or before February 1, 2018 and the child meets the readiness criteria for first grade entrance as determined by a Certified School Psychologist and the school's Instructional Support Team. Please refer to our First Grade Early Admissions Policy (PDF) for more information. Children who are not presently enrolled in the district kindergarten program, but will attend first grade next school year, should also be registered at this time.
- Immunizations Policy (PDF): Pennsylvania statewide regulations regarding immunizations have changed substantially, particularly in regards to when students must have their immunizations complete in order to attend school. This change impacts all schools in the state, not just those in Council Rock. Please contact your child’s school nurse with any questions related to these changes.
- Elementary Class Size Policy: (PDF) Administration Regulation 126.1 states “All new registrants will be guaranteed a space in their home school if they have completed the registration process for the next school year by June 1st.”
ALL ITEMS BELOW ARE REQUIRED AT TIME OF REGISTRATION
PARENT/GUARDIAN PHOTO ID:
PROOF OF CHILD'S BIRTH DATE:
Documentation of age requirement for admission may be satisfied by the original birth certificate or duly attested transcript of the birth certificate; or the original Baptismal certificate or transcript of the record of Baptism – duly certified and showing the date of birth.
FOUR (4) PROOFS OF RESIDENCY: Examples are listed below: (Upload if enrolling online)
- Internal Revenue Statement
- Notarized Lease
- Driver's License
- Voter's Registration Card
- Property Deed
- Insurance Statement
- Bank Statement
- Welfare Card
- Vehicle Registration Card
- Utility Activation Statement
- Utility Billing Statements
- Employer Letter on letterhead (if not self-employed)
STUDENT REGISTRATION PACKET (PDF): REQUIRED IF NOT using our Online Student Registration System.
Includes the Student Registration Form; Parental Registration Statement; Home Language Survey; Census and Earned Income Tax Forms; Student Emergency & Health Information Form. Please provide custody agreement/if applicable. Census Enumeration Form must list names of all adults and children living at the specified address. Earned Income Form should be completed by the parent/resident. In multiple occupancy registrations, the multiple occupant/parent should complete the earned income form.
- HEALTH INFORMATION PACKET (PDF):
Each child entering school for the first time must have a written record, signed by the physician, of the following mandated immunizations:
- diptheria and tetanus - 4 doses, (three dose initial series and a fourth dose administered on or after the child's fourth birthday.
- polio - three dose series;
- measels - 2 doses (usually given as MMR) first dose administered at 12 months of age or older
- mumps - 2 doses (usually given as MMR) first dose administered at 12 months of age or older
- rubella - -1 dose administered at 12 months of age or older.
- hepatitis B - three dose series
- varicella (chickenpox) - 2 doses, (proof of immunization or history of the disease, or immunity confirmed by laboratory report).
Parents are required to complete a Family Health History form at the time of registration and children are required to have a physical and a dental examination.
- MULTIPLE OCCUPANCY (PDF): REQUIRED IF parent/guardian does not own or lease property in Council Rock SD but resides with a Council Rock SD resident on a full-time basis. Property owner and multiple occupants (parent/guardian) must each provide four (4) current proofs of address.
- ADDITIONAL FORMS (if applicable)
- Daycare Transportation Request Form (PDF)
- Daycare Providers Phone Numbers (PDF)
- Champions Kindergarten Enrichment Programs (PDF): Providing two on-site AM Kindergarten Enrichment programs (Maureen M. Welch, Goodnoe & Holland Elementary schools) in addition to before and after school programs at all elementary schools.
- Welcome Questionnaire (PDF): Intended for families who have moved into the Council Rock School District within the past year. It is our hope that through your feedback, we can continue to gather information to help guide our decisions in the Council Rock SD.
Elementary School Address Phone Churchville Elementary 100 New Road, Churchville 215-944-1706 Goodnoe Elementary 298 Frost Lane, Newtown 215-944-2106 Hillcrest Elementary 420 E. Holland Road, Holland 215-944-1606 Holland Elementary Beverly Road and Crescent Drive, Holland 215-944-1506 Newtown Elementary 1 Wrights Road, Newtown 215-944-2206 Richboro Elementary 125 Upper Holland Road, Richboro 215-944-1906 Rolling Hills Elementary 340 Middle Holland Road, Holland 215-944-2006 Sol Feinstone Elementary 1090 Eagle Road, Newtown 215-944-2406 Maureen M. Welch Elementary 750 New Road, Churchville 215-944-1806 Wrightstown Elementary (K-4 only) 729 Penns Park Road, Wrightstown 215-944-2306