Our updated Harcourt curriculum focuses on the making of our nation, from early people to pre-Revolutionary times.
- Understanding geography helps you understand historical events
- Exploration led to new lands, ideas, religions and cultures
- Cultural differences and competition for land led to conflicts among different groups of people in the Americas
- The 13 English colonies were founded in different regions of North America and for different reasons
- Freedom was so important to the colonists that they were willing to suffer terrible hardships and years of war to win it
- The United States established a new government and grew larger as more people arrived and lands were acquired
Throughout the chapter students will participate in whole group lessons, partner activities and cooperative learning experiences. It is VERY IMPORTANT for your child to review their notes EVERY night!!!