Mrs. Vaughn's Top 10
10. I grew up in Gettysburg, PA and once lived in Germany for a year!
9. This is my 24th year of teaching! My first two years were spent teaching 4th grade in the Haverford SD. I taught at Wrightstown for 15 years-6 years in 1st grade and the other 9 in 5th grade. I joined the NES staff in 2015.
8. My favorite color is blue and my lucky number is 14!
7. I love all things chocolate, but brownies are my all time favorite :)
6. I have two Pit Bulls named Maggie and Mara. They are the best snuggle buddies! I enjoy being an advocate for this amazing dog breed!
5. I have been married to my best friend, Geoff, for 20 years - but we have known each other since high school! Family is very important to me, and we love having fun together :)
4. I have 2 amazing boys- Kellen is 18 and Aidan is 14. Their names celebrate my Irish heritage!
3. My favorite subjects to teach are reading and social studies. I think I have a great sense of humor and I try to infuse fun into my teaching, but my sons say I'm just a dork!!
2. I am a HUGE Penn State fan even though I attended IUP. My family and I have season tickets for football and we spend all our Fall weekends in Happy Valley :)
1. I love teaching 5th grade and I am SO excited to be your teacher this year!