In 2014, the Board of School Directors charged the Administration with developing a comprehensive five-year capital plan. At that time dedicated members of our school community came together to develop recommendations which became the basis for the five-year capital plan. The plan includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- The elimination of all modular units for student use beginning in September of 2015. A small number of modular units will be retained for storage with the goal to remove ALL modular units by September of 2016.
- The construction of a new Newtown Middle School on the site of the existing Newtown Middle School.
- The renovation of Holland Middle School.
- The beginning of a transition from our current use of the former Law School Admissions Center at 661 Penn Street. Our receiving, network operation and other office uses will migrate out of that facility in 2015-16. This facility will continue to house both our ACHIEVE program and the Sloan School.
- Ongoing analysis of building capacity and student enrollment.
The Facilities Improvements Tab includes the work of the community planning team including, but not limited to, the support documentation, team recommendations, PEL study, DecisonInsite demographics information, SchraderGroup Architecture capacity analysis information, etc.