Senior College Recommendations
Letters of Recommendation for College Applications
If you want me to write a letter of recommendation for you, PLEASE EMAIL ME IMMEDIATELY AND TELL ME THIS. Do this even if you have talked with me; I have senioritis – the type that comes with old age. After you create a resume, submit it to me by email or in hard-copy form. This does not have to be in any particular form; it may be an organized list. It is in your best interest to submit information to me at the end of your junior year or during the summer, though I do not require this. The sooner you submit information to me, the sooner I can complete your letter, which is the really time-consuming part of the process for me. Once you have set up Navience for college applications and I have written the letter, I can submit through Navience and/or other online plathgorms, mail letters, make copies, complete evaluations, etc… You may send me a resume before you know to which schools you will apply.
I only submit recommendations for students who waive their right to review the information. I will give you a copy of the letter that I write if you want one, but I do not share college evaluation forms with students. I will tell you if I am unable to submit a positive recommendation so that you may choose someone else to complete the recommendation form.
Please provide the following either by email or hard-copy:
- Your email address
- A resume listing your hobbies, achievements, interests, etc.... This does not have to be a formal resume; a comprehensive list will do. Be specific about duties and experiences. I need details so that I can write a more personal letter about you.
- Submission deadlines (as you determine these).
- Let me know when you are ready for me to submit through the Naviance system. If after I have submitted to Naviance you add schools to your list in the system, you will need to notify me that I need to submit to more schools through Naviance.
- When you are ready for me to submit to schools not included in the Naviance system, send me links or bring me addressed, stamped envelopes. *Complete sections requiring personal information either online or hard-copy. Sign the section in which you waive your right to view the evaluation form.
- For hard-copy recommendations, provide as many addressed, stamped envelopes as the number of letters and evaluations you want me to mail.
- Please list the following for the return address:
CR South HS
2002 Rock Way
Holland, PA 18966
- Remember to sign each form that you want me to complete.
- I will also write letters and/or complete evaluations required for scholarship applications.