FBLA CLUB PHILOSOPHY
FBLA - Future Business Leaders of America
FBLA is a dynamic organization of young people preparing for success as leaders in business, government, and communities. Our mission is to bring business and education together in a positive working relationship through innovative leadership and career development programs.
FBLA is an association of high school students preparing for success as leaders in business, government, and communities.
Role of myself as FBLA Club Advisor
The FBLA Advisor is responsible for coordinating and managing specific student organizations and activities for the Business Computers Information Technology Department. The services provided by the club advisor include daily management, local, state, and national representation, financial management, and conference coordination and facilitation.
The Responsibilities of CR South FBLA Advisor are as follows:
– Directing the planning, coordination and facilitation of the FBLA;
– Functioning as primary contact between membership, state, and national organizations;
– Managing all financial affairs and daily activities of FBLA at the local and state level;
– Attending all meetings where FBLA business is conducted;
– Approving and scheduling dates, in conjunction with school administration;
– Developing budgets and reports in conjunction with the administration;
– Providing training and guidance to Student Officers to achieve personal growth;
– Providing input to the curriculum as it relates to the student organization; and
– Seeking creative and innovative approaches to remove barriers that reduce the effectiveness of FBLA as an approved student organization.
****Please visit the FBLA Club homepage for the latest information about club meetings and scheduled events.
The Council Rock High School South Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) Club prohibits acts of harassment, hazing, intimidation, or bullying of a student. A safe and civil environment in school is necessary for students to learn and achieve high academic standards. Harassment, intimidation, or bullying, like other disruptive or violent behaviors, is conduct that disrupts both a student’s ability to learn, a school’s ability to educate its students, and prevents meaningful participation of our club in a safe and disciplined environment. The Council Rock Mission Statement states the purpose of the school district is “to empower all students with the knowledge, habits, and attitudes to become life-long learners and to lead and serve in a diverse, global society.” Since students learn by example, all club members and their guests should be commended for demonstrating appropriate behavior, treating others with civility and respect, and refusing to tolerate harassment, intimidation, or bullying.
The Council Rock High School North Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) Club expects all members to conduct themselves in keeping with their levels of development, maturity and demonstrated capabilities with proper regard for the rights and welfare of other students and school staff, the educational purpose underlying all school activities and the care of school facilities and equipment consistent with the Code of Student Conduct.
“Harassment, hazing, intimidation, or bullying/cyberbullying” are defined under the Council Rock School District Board policies 218.8, 218.9, and 218.10, and in the Pennsylvania Crimes Code at 18 Pa.C.S. Sec. 2709, and Pennsylvania Consolidated Statute 24 §13-1303.1-A. Policy relating to bullying, whether it be a single incident or a series of incidents.