Weekly Spelling List
Spelling List #20: –or, -ore
Activities for Weekly Practice
- Write the Words- Go over the vowels in one color and the consonants in another color.
- Sentence Fun- Write each word in a sentence. Be sure to include a capital letter at the beginning and punctuation at the end of each sentence. Also underline each spelling word in your sentence.
- First Try/Second Try- Read each word. Then try to write it without peeking. Check to see if you got it right. If not, fix it!
- Rhyming Words- Write your spelling word. Then write two rhyming words next to each word.
- Story Writing- Use your words to create a creative story. Use as many spelling words as you can.
- Handwriting Words- Write your words two times as neatly as you can.
- Pyramid Writing- Write the first letter of your word, then on the next line; write thefirst two letters of your word. Continue doing this until you have spelled the whole word.
- Tongue Twisters- Choose five of your spelling words and write a tongue twister using each of them in a sentence. (All words start with the same letter. Example: Pink pigs play the piano.) Underline the spelling word.
- Draw a Picture- Draw a picture for each word. Make one picture into a piece of artwork.
- Hidden Picture- Draw a picture and then hide your words in the picture. See if a friend or family member can find all of them!
- Finger Back Spelling- Take turns spelling and guessing each word on a family member’s back.
- Circle Little Words- Write each word and circle the little word in the bigger words. Ex. Gr e a t
- Spell Creatively- Use one of the following to spell your words: playdough, chalk, glitter, beans, cereal, noodles, salt, sugar, raisins, M&M’s, shaving cream or anything fun!
- Newspaper Words- Cut letters out of magazines or newspapers and use them to spell your words.
- Cheer your words- Choose one of the MANY cheers in your notebook and cheer your words for your family!
- Spelling City- Log onto the website, enter your words and play some fun activities! Spelling City Website Link
- Make a Word Search- Make a list of your spelling words on a word search program and print it out. Puzzle Maker Website Link
- Scrabble- Write your spelling words and use the scrabble letters to add up how much each word is worth. Example: way = 4 + 1 + 4 = 9