Welcome to the Council Rock Transportation Department.
We wish everyone a safe, relaxing, and fun summer!
While the summer days fly by, the Council Rock Transportation Team, is hard at work monitoring our various summer programs and preparing for the upcoming 2021/2022 school year. Some things to look for and dates to remember this summer:
- We will be sending a survey asking about your transportation plans for the 21/22 school year to focus routing on those who will use busing and better serve the community
- If your student will attend a daycare next year, please use the Day Care Transportation Request Form located under Resources on this page.
- The deadline to submit a daycare request form is July 26, 2021
- There is a current list of daycare providers to which the district provides busing. If you do not see a daycare listed please email us to find out if we bus to that location.
- The FirstView Bus Tracking App will be available for the first day of school, student IDs and "security codes" will be available in HAC at the same time as bus information
- Bus info goes live in HAC on August 16, 2021
- Similar to last year, there will be a black out period for changes at the beginning of the school year.
- Blackout period will be 8/16/21 to 9/13/21. No change requests will be processed or implemented during that time frame.
- During that time, the completed routing is transmitted to First Student who will complete dry runs and allow our drivers time to learn and acclimate to the routes without having to adapt to changes.
- Only urgent safety concerns will be evaluated during that two week period when our drivers perfect the routes.
- Students should arrive 10 minutes prior to the time indicated in HAC until a routine is established. The pick-up time may differ slightly from the time noted on HAC as stops or the order of bus stops may need to be changed.
We ask parents to be patient during the first two weeks of the new school year. Our drivers need that time to settle into their runs and adjust to the needs of their passengers. We are especially mindful of the kindergarten and first-grade students during this time. Additionally, individual schools extend the time for loading each bus to ensure that all students are placed on the correct bus. While afternoon drop off times are provided, these are the optimal (earliest) estimations. We make every effort to honor our schedules. However, traffic and varying road conditions throughout the district can greatly impact our buses which all begin with High School routes, then middle or non-public schools and finally one or two elementary routes. We appreciate parent’s patience and understanding as drop off times may fluctuate due to changing conditions. If we become aware of delays beyond 10 minutes, we communicate via text and/or information to impacted bus routes using Blackboard.
The first four weeks of school are understandably very busy for the Transportation Department. The volume of requests is far heavier than any other time of year. We request that you use email as the primary means of contacting the department, and only use one method of communication. Avoid contacting the department multiple times. All requests are logged and handled as quickly as possible. Multiple requests leads to duplication of effort within the department; and delays response times. Rest assured every effort is made to respond timely to every request, no matter how it is received.
FirstView Bus Finder App Instructions
FIRST STUDENT CONTACT INFO
Hours: 5:30 AM to 5:30 PM