10 THINGS ABOUT MRS. MCNAMARA
10. I love to go to the beach with my family. We love collecting shells, jumping in the waves, and making “drip-drop” castles.
9. I love to be outside. My family has a small vegetable garden and this year we grew cucumbers, zucchini, lettuce, and tomatoes. I also love to take nature walks, go to Sesame Place, and go to playgrounds nearby with my family.
8. I love children’s books. I love reading with my sons before bed. I love visiting the public library and I also love finding books for our classroom library.
7. I have a younger brother who is a lot taller than me. In fact, my brother, my dad, and my husband are all about 6’5”.
6. I love music. We listen to music a lot in my house. Another nightly routine in my house is listening to Kids Corner on 88.5 WXPN. My family loves to go to the Philadelphia Folk Festival together.
5. I grew up in Ivyland and went to Churchville Elementary School and Richboro Middle School. I graduated from Council Rock High School (before there was North and South).
4. I attended Bloomsburg University where I studied special education, elementary education, and early childhood. I went to Arcadia for my Master’s Degree in reading.
3. I am married and have 2 sons. William is 7 and will be entering second grade. Andrew is 5 and will be starting Kindergarten.
2. This is my 23rd year teaching. I taught in Maryland in the same town where Cal Ripkin grew up. Once he came to read to our students. This is my 21st year at Goodnoe. I have taught Kindergarten, First Grade, Second Grade, Fourth Grade, and Fifth Grade. I love teaching and am excited to be returning to First Grade.
1. And the number 1 thing you should know about me is...
I think First Graders are the best!!!