CR South Spring Track
- Abide by all applicable school rules and maintain eligibility. This includes policies regarding alcohol, tobacco and drug use. If you miss practice due to detention, you are not meeting your responsibilities and are hurting the team.
- Everyone is expected to attend all practices, on time, and stay until your workout is completed. If you are unable to attend practice at the scheduled time, you must notify your coach by email, phone or in person before your absence or lateness. Conflicts will be handled on an individual basis. Unexcused absences will put your team membership in jeopardy. A part-time job is not an excuse to miss practice.
- Respect yourself, your teammates and your coaches. There will be absolutely no hazing or harassment tolerated. This is what respect looks like:
- Be on time for practice and meets
- Positive interactions
- Give your best effort
- Know everyone by name
- Support one another
- Report any injury to Coach Spearing as soon as possible. Any time that you see the trainer you must inform Coach Spearing.
- You are expected to complete the workout provided by your coach. It is not permissible to arbitrarily change the workout. If there is a problem you must discuss any deviations from the workout with your coach.
- Any time an athlete leaves the building, even if it is a planned workout, they are required to notify your event coach. They must check in when returning to the building.
- Competing for your school is an honor and a privilege to be earned. Everyone won’t be able to compete in every meet but everyone who attends practice will have a chance to compete, at some time.
- When in doubt, communicate.
- Failure to comply with these rules may result in suspension or dismissal from the team.
“Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
Watch your words, for they become actions.
Watch your actions, for they become habits.
Watch your habits, for they become your character.
Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”