CR NORTH GOLF Team Rules, Procedures, & Expectations
Conduct of Behavior and Class
As a CR North athlete, you are a visible role model and represent the team wherever you go. Take pride in how you handle yourself and always remember that you represent your teammates, coaches and school. The CR North golf team has a deep-rooted tradition of excellence and being a part of that heritage is a privilege. A privilege is something you earn through dedication, sacrifice, and selflessness. If you are not willing to comply with the following expectations and rules, then you are not worthy of being part of this rich legacy.
Know and understand how to apply the USGA rules of golf. Click on this link for an overview of the USGA Rules of Golf.
CODE OF CONDUCT - The AJGA Code of Conduct will be enforced in practice, dual matches, and in individual tournaments. https://www.ajga.org/tourninfo/conduct.asp
AJGA Code of Conduct
The AJGA takes great pride in the quality of its players, host facilities and broad community involvement at each tournament. In order to continue making the AJGA experience enjoyable and rewarding for everyone, the Association requires all members to adhere to a set of guidelines known as the Code of Conduct. Its purpose is to help AJGA participants grow and mature by understanding and accepting the consequences of their actions. The Code of Conduct is to be followed throughout the junior’s membership.
Violations of Code of Conduct
Any of the following actions by an AJGA member at an AJGA event, non-AJGA event or toward another AJGA member anywhere, constitutes a violation of the AJGA Code of Conduct:
- Unsportsmanlike conduct, including abusive language, cheating, club
- Throwing a club, disrespect to volunteers, officials or fellow competitors, or abuse of golf course property
- Not adhering to the dress code at the host golf course
- Use or association with drugs, alcohol, or smoking or chewing tobacco products
- Vandalism at the host hotel, abusive behavior to host family or property
- Conduct not becoming of an AJGA player, such as acting in anger or creating other distractions
- Failure to treat host golf course with respect by ignoring the responsibility of caring for the course, filling divots and fixing ball marks
- Physical abuse, threat of physical abuse, verbal abuse, slander or libel towards other players, parents, coaches, sponsors, host golf course staff or members, AJGA staff or volunteers in any medium
Required Dress at the Golf Course
- Hats/visors must be worn with brim forward, males must remove hat/visor while indoors
- Collared shirts or mock turtlenecks (host golf course permitting) must be worn and tucked in at all times
- Women's fashion shirts without a collar must have sleeves
- Women's fashion shirts must not rise above the belt line at any time during the golf swing
- Women's shorts, skorts and skirts must be no more than 5" above the knee or the inseam of the shorts must measure at least 5"
Prohibited Dress at the Golf Course
- Tank tops, T-shirts
- Denim shorts, cargo shorts, short-shorts, cut-off shorts, gym shorts, jeans, sweat pants, yoga pants, ripped clothing
- Body piercings
- Tattoos (must be covered)
Chronic offenses of any of the above guidelines during practice or in competition could lead to suspension or expulsion from the CR North golf team.
- The consequences for missing a practice or match are as follows:
- 1st unexcused absence from practice/match – one match suspension
- 2nd unexcused absence from practice/match – one week suspension
- 3rd unexcused absence from practice/match – expulsion from the team
- Don’t ask to miss practice unless it is an emergency such as a family crisis, serious illness, injury, etc.
- Players MUST discuss any potential absences with your coach in advance.
- Endeavor to schedule all doctor’s appointments outside of practice time.
- Seniors should make every effort to schedule college visits until after the conclusion of the season.
- ALL players MUST travel together to competitions on the bus/van.
- It is highly recommended that all players return to CR North with the team on the bus/van at the conclusion of a competition.
- If a player desires to be picked up by a parent at the conclusion of a competition, he/she MUST bring in a note signed by his/her parent prior to the competition, get the note signed by your coach, AND then turn that note in to the athletic office prior to departing for the match. Student-athletes may ONLY be transported by their own parent.
- All players must remain at the course until the conclusion of a competition at which time we shake hands with our opponents prior to leaving the course as a team.
- Anyone arriving late for practice MUST have a signed excuse from a teacher/counselor.
- Unexcused lateness to practice/match will affect your ability to practice and play with the team.
- Chronic unexcused lateness may result in suspension or expulsion.
- DRUG, ALCOHOL, TOBACCO USE and HAZING. Absolute ZERO tolerance policy!
- Remember you put your teammates and your season at risk.
- Consequences imposed by the CR School District could result in a player being ineligible.
- Players are NOT allowed to leave the golf course/clubhouse without permission during practice or a match.
- At the conclusion of your individual match, you should:
- immediately report your scores to your coach
- engage your coach in a brief post-match analysis
- lend your enthusiastic support to teammates whose matches are still in progress
- Players may not go home until every player’s match has been completed AND your coach has dismissed the team.
- Bring a positive and energetic ATTITUDE to the course every day!
- Bring ALL necessary equipment to school on the day of practice or match.
- An irresponsible athlete is demonstrating a lack of commitment to himself and his team! Develop success habits by being responsible and committed.
- Inform the coach immediately if you believe you have sustained an injury.
- See the school trainer (Athletic Trainer Mike Horan) or physician as soon as possible.
- Strictly follow the protocol prescribed.
- Be aggressive about treatment, but don’t return to action until you have been cleared by the trainer or your doctor.
- The coaches should be the first to know about any problems with academics, with your health, or with the team.
- I will not discuss playing time with parents—YOU talk to coaches.
- Cell phones OFF when the coach is addressing the team and during any round of golf.
- The coaches make their judgments based on performance and attitude.
- Discuss areas for improvement with the coaches and be willing to put in the extra time at home and before and after practice to achieve your performance goals.
SPECIAL NOTE: Players are expected to carefully read and comprehend these rules, expectations, and procedures. Reliability and accountability are key ingredients to being an effective member of a team. Any situations that are not expressly covered in this packet will be handled at the discretion of the head coach and athletic director.
PILLARS of our PROGRAM:
Ø SELFLESSNESS – You should have a strong desire to be successful and for your teammates to be successful!
Ø INTENSITY - Practice how you want to play in a match
Ø PRIDE - Be proud to be part of CR North golf
Ø POISE - Develop positive self-talk
Ø COMPETITIVENESS – Never give up on a round due to a bad shot, a bad hole, or a series of bad holes.
“The master in the art of living makes little distinction between his work and his play, his labor and his leisure, his mind and his body, his information and his recreation, his love and his religion. He hardly knows which is which. He simply pursues his vision of excellence at whatever he does, leaving others to decide whether he is working or playing. To him he's always doing both.”
- James Michener
“No matter how good you get you can always get better and that's the exciting part.”
- Tiger Woods
“If you dedicate yourself to improving just a little bit in just one singular aspect of your game every day by practicing with intensity, focus, and discretion; your progress by the end of a 90-day period will be stunning!”
- Paul Wysocki-
“The golf course is simply another type of classroom!”