When a student serves as a volunteers with an employer or organization, the adult that is identified as the student’s supervisor or the person responsible for the child’s welfare is required to obtain three clearances (two of which are free of charge). The adult responsible for the student is also required to be in the immediate vicinity of regular intervals with the child during the program. Regular intervals is defined as having contact with a student at least once daily and not less than every four hours.
The required background checks for individuals working with students are as follows:
- Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Report: https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp
- Click the control number to view your results. Click the "Certification Form" link in the center of the page to view, save and print your official
- Child Abuse History Clearance from the Department of Human Services https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home
- Click "Create Individual Account". The Keystone Key is a user name you create. Follow the site's step-by-step instructions for creating a password. Be sure to keep a record of your Keystone Key and Password as you will need them to access your results. You will receive an email from the site when your results are available, within 14 days of submission.
- FBI Fingerprinting (2 Options):
- If you have been a Pennsylvania resident for less than 10 consecutive years, you must complete the fingerprinting process. Enroll at IdentoGoand make an appointment for digital fingerprinting at a location of your choice. The Service Code for VOLUNTEERS is 1KG6Y3.
- If you have been a Pennsylvania resident for the past 10 consecutive years, you may submit the CR Volunteer Affidavitin place of fingerprinting. The affidavit must be notarized and the original affidavit is kept on file in the Human Resources Office.
Volunteers (classroom/school) who spend 10 hours or more a week with students MUST submit results of a recent TB test prior to volunteering. Those who must complete a TB test can either mail the completed test to our address or drop it off at our office.
- Volunteer Coaches must have up-to-date TB test results prior to beginning coaching, regardless of amount of time spent with students.
- TB tests are available through your doctor's office, a minute clinic or a local pharmacy. The TB test is a 2-day process; one day to administer the test and one day to read the results.
In order for our students to serve as volunteers with your organization, the above clearances must be furnished to the office of Human Resources. Volunteer paperwork (with the exception of the TB Test, and notarized Volunteer Affidavit) should be submitted online through the Volunteer application by following this link. When you complete your application, please be certain to list LINCS Supervisor as your affiliation on the first page of the application. Complete the online application and upload your clearances to the appropriate page.
Use this LINCS Checklist to ensure that you have all of the necessary paperwork.
You may send your TB Test (if applicable) and notarized Volunteer Affidavit to the following address:
Council Rock School District
Chancellor Center – Attention Monica McLaughlin
30 North Chancellor Street
Newtown, PA 18940
If you need any additional information, please be sure to review our volunteer webpage at and you may also contact Ms. Monica McLaughlin at 215-944-1000 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.