Council Rock School District has a Dual Enrollment Agreement with Gwynedd Mercy University (GMercyU). The Dual Enrollment Program offers Council Rock students an opportunity to get a head start on college by completing college courses and earning college credits while still in high school. The courses are offered at a substantial discount of only $400 per course. This program is a perfect way for students to explore new subjects, save on college tuition, and prepare for their futures all while never leaving their high school campus.
The courses offered with a dual enrollment option are:
- Honors Accounting: GMercyU, Principles of Accounting ACC 105
- Honors Management: GMercyU, Principles of Management BUS 301
- Honors Marketing: GMercyU, Principles of Marketing BUS 207
- Accelerated Computers for College and Careers: GMercyU, Introduction to Desktop Computing CIS 101
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who can participate in the program? Juniors and seniors enrolled in eligilbe courses who meet one of the following criteria: (a) honors courses, (b) accelerated courses with A's and B's, or (c) recommendation of subject-area faculty.
- Do I have to enroll at Gwynedd Mercy University to take these courses? No. Enrollment at the university is optional.
- Do I have to do additional work to earn the college credits? No. The course and all assignments are the same whether or not you enroll at the university.
- Will the course be taught by a Council Rock teacher? Yes. The university has approved select teachers at your high school to teach these courses.
- Do I have to leave my high school to take the classes? No. The classes are taught in your high school during the regular school day.
- How do I receive my college transcript? If your final grade is a C or better, your teacher will submit your final grade to university at the end of the course. Your unofficial transcript will be available once the university processes your final grade.
- Will these credits transfer to other colleges and universities? Generally, yes. Dual enrollment credits are accepted by most institutions. However, a few institutions do not accept dual enrollment credits. You can check with the institution's admissions office or search its website for "dual enrollment" to find out the institution's policy.
- How do I enroll in the program? Complete the enrollment form and return it to your teacher along with a check for $400 per course made payable to Gwynedd Mercy University no later than October 7, 2019.
Download enrollment form here.