Hello 5th Grade Parents,
We are about to start an exciting Distance Learning Adventure. This is new for everyone, and it will take some time to learn to navigate it all and find a groove. We hope that everyday will get a little easier, and the kids will appreciate having a routine and a purpose each day. So as we prepare for this journey, here are a few things we would like you to know, to hopefully make this most beneficial for everyone.
- Daily assignments will be posted in our Google Classrooms and also on the 5th Grade Website.
- We will post activities/assignments for the next day, each night around 5:00 PM. For example, your assignments for Monday, March 30th will be available on Sunday, March 29th at 5:00 PM.
- The first few days of distance learning will focus mostly on accessing different sites and platforms and getting acquainted with a routine.
- Do what you can. We have provided a few activities in each subject area. If you get to all of them, great! If not, it’s also ok. We have also provided optional/enrichment activities for those looking for more.
- If a platform for posting an assignment (Google Classroom, Seesaw, etc.) isn’t working for you, it’s ok. Do what works for your family, complete an assignment verbally, write it down and email your teacher a picture, get creative.
- Don’t forget to check out our specialists websites for activities.
- Specials: Library (Mrs. Moore), Gym (Mr. Donohoe), Music (Ms. Sokolowski), Art (Mr. Sterner)
- Dr. Sandberg has posted some social/emotional activities. Click here to access.
- Support and enrichment services will also be provided: Reading, Title 1, Humanities, Math, etc. Check the HCE site or look for an email from those teachers, for more information.
- Ask questions, we will be available and are here to help. :)
- Stay positive, this is new for everyone. There will be frustration and mistakes; there will be accomplishments and celebration. We got this!
Below you will find a list of some of the online resources that we will be using and how to log in. I’m sure the list will continue to grow, so many learning sites have opened up free trials for classes and it is exciting to continue to find new learning opportunities online.
Thank you in advance for your support. We will get through this and we look forward to the day when we get to see your kids in person again.
Kelly Kowalski, Laura McCullough, Beth Speak,
Heather Tormey, William Waite :)
General CR Student Login - firstname.lastname@example.org
Password: On sheet in binder (kids should know, we can look it up if needed)
Can be used for
*All resources in blue are hyperlinked to the site
Platform for posting assignments
CRSD LA Curriculum
Library of books to read and listen
Math Practice - try 24 challenges each day!
Short Movies and instruction
Go Noodle for families
Brain Breaks, Dancing, Movement
Science Reading Books
Social Studies Reading Books