Food Services FAQs
FOOD SERVICE 2021-22 School Year
Frequently Asked Questions
Will the cafeterias be open for lunch service?
Do families have to pay for meals from the cafeteria?
- CR students in grades 1-8 are eligible to receive a free lunch if they so desire.
- CR students in grades 9-12 will return to the traditional model of lunch service, where students pay for their meals based on approved eligibility status (paid, reduced or free).
- A la carte items (e.g., snacks, ice cream and certain drinks) are NOT included as part of the free meal, and must be paid for out of the student’s lunch account.
To add funds to your child’s lunch account, check their account balance or sign up for low balance notifications and auto-replenishment, please visit MyPaymentsPlus.
Do I qualify for the Free and Reduced lunch option?
All CR families are encouraged to fill out the Free and Reduced Lunch application. Applications must be completed annually to determine eligibility. Please reach out to Karen Moody via email at email@example.com or 215-944-1068 should you have any question regarding the Free and Reduced program.
How long will the free lunch program last?
The federal waiver will expire at the end of the 2021-22 school year, BUT it may end sooner if the government funding expires. If the federal waiver expires, it WILL NOT impact anyone who qualifies for free / reduced lunches.
What happens after the free lunch program ends?
CR will return to the traditional model of lunch service, where students pay for their meals based on approved eligibility status (paid, reduced or free).
Does my student need to pre-order their food if they want to receive a meal from the cafeteria?
- A pre-ordering process already exists at the elementary schools for grades 1-6.
- Middle and High school students DO NOT need to pre-order their food.
Where will students eat their lunches?
All CR students will eat in the school cafeteria, at cafeteria tables. There will be alternate options available for elementary school students who have not had the opportunity to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. Please contact your elementary school for information regarding alternate options.