French Honor SocietyLa Société Honoraire du FrançaisAfter two years of French study, students who have maintained a 3.0 overall average and a 3.6 average in French are encouraged to apply to the French Honor Society La Société Honoraire du Français.
- Students accepted in the French Honor Society must maintain these grade averages.
- They must attend the FHS monthly meetings, fulfill a personal service requirement, pay society dues and continue to be enrolled in French courses.
- FHS is a service organization. Specific projects and fund raisers benefiting the community at large are completed every year. Special activities are available for members of the FHS and may include trips, guest speakers, concerts and other French culture-related events.
- Students in the French Honor Society advocate for French and participate in "Le Club Vert" promoting current environmental issues.
- College-level study of French is encouraged as well as participation in a "voyage" abroad, planned every two years.
The induction ceremony into La Société Honoraire du Français usually occurs during the month of April, every school year. Inductees, their parents and families are welcomed to attend the ceremony held in their honor.
Location, date and time will be announced in the Spring.Advisor-Madame KohlWorld Language Department