September 14, 2015Dear Newtown Middle School Community,
Welcome to the 2015-2016 school year! I trust everyone had a restful and rejuvenating summer and truly look forward to my first full year as Assistant Principal at NMS. My family and I are very grateful for the overwhelming support that I received from our students, parents, the community, and our wonderful faculty and staff during my transition. Thank you!!!
At Newtown Middle School, our instructional programming, extracurricular opportunities and student services are guided by the following collective vision:
WHY we do what we do?We have an intrinsic motivation to empower children to believe a bright future is possible, and to provide them with the requisite skills to succeed.
HOW we do what we do?
- Forging positive relationships between staff, students, parents, and community members
- Providing each student the opportunity to develop intellectually, emotionally, physically, and socially
- Utilizing data to inform decision-making processes
- Engaging in opportunities for growth
- Being reflective in our practices
WHAT do we do?
- Teach students what to do when they don't know what to do
- Enable all to achieve their personal best and to be respectful, thoughtful, and independent learners
The vision outlined above provides an explicit framework for how we operate on a daily basis. It is my hope that every student has a successful and enriching school year. As always, I value your input. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.Regards,
“Education is the power to think clearly, the power to act well in the world's work, and the power to appreciate life.”
― Brigham Young