Instructional Supportat M.M.W.
Mrs. Linda WojtonInstructional Support TeacherMission Statement
The Council Rock Elementary Support Teams are committed to fostering the educational and personal growth of our children by removing the barriers to life-long learning. We strive to meet each child's needs through a strengths-based process that addresses social, emotional, academic, and vocational development.
The Instructional Support model is a multi-dimensional process that aids in removing barriers to learning through:
- Collaborative consultation for data collection and problem solving
- Curriculum-based assessment to find academic levels in the classroom
- Curricular adaptations to meet individual needs
- Various behavior management techniques to support the child, teacher and parent
- Elementary student assistant support to identify at risk students and implement strategies
The Instructional Support Team looks at the whole child, including strengths as well as needs. We also aim to understand how life/coping skills, life stressors, and behavior affect the child's ability to succeed in school. We are committed to identify and celebrate each child's strengths which directly affect self-esteem and encourage the learning process.
MAUREEN M. WELCH ELEMENTARY