Spelling List #1 Short a and o
1. Hidden Picture- Draw a picture and then hide your words in the picture. See if a friend or family member can find all of them!
2. Finger Back Spelling- Take turns spelling and guessing each word on a family member’s back.
3. Circle Little Words- Write each word and circle the little word in the bigger words. Ex. Gr e a t
4. Spell Creatively- Use one of the following to spell your words: playdough, chalk, glitter, beans, cereal, noodles, salt, sugar, raisins, M&M’s, shaving cream or anything fun!
5. Newspaper Words- Cut letters out of magazines or newspapers and use them to spell your words.
6. Spelling City- Log onto www.spellingcity.com, enter your words and play some fun activities!
If you use this teacher's website, the lessons are already typed up for you! http://www.spellingcity.com/highlands2/
7. Make a Word Search- Make a list of your spelling words on a word search program and print it out. (http://www.puzzlemaker.com)