• Applying for a Work Permit

    Work permits can be acquired at Council Rock High School South.  Work permit applications (PDE-4565) can be downloaded.  Please contact Lisa Horsch at 215-944-1101 for more information.  Working papers can be obtained between 7:00 am and 2:30 pm. 

    On Oct. 24, 2012, Governor Tom Corbett signed into law Act 151 of 2012 which took effect on Jan. 22, 2013 resulting in changes to Pennsylvania's existing Child Labor Law. You can access the new Child Labor Act and an Abstract of the Child Labor Act Hours Provisions on the Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry's website at:


    Under the new Child Labor Law, there will only be one work permit rather than three. The new work permit will apply to all minors age 14 through 17 and can be used for more than one employer. The permit will certify that the holder personally appeared before the issuing officer, that all papers required by law have been examined and approved, and that all requirements for issuance have been fulfilled. The work permit must be signed by the holder in the presence of the issuing office. The issuing officer cannot issue a work permit until they have examined and verified the following papers which verify age:  an official document of the commonwealth or if not an official Commonwealth document, an attested transcript of a birth certificate, a certified baptismal certificate, a passport, a certified documentary record or the signed statement of a physician stating that after examination they believe the minor to be of proper age.

    Minors who currently possess a valid work permit may continue to utilize that Permit to work.

    Under the Pennsylvania Child Labor Law, neither the employer nor a physician will need to sign an application for a work permit. The new law does require that an applicant's parent or legal guardian sign an application for a work permit.

    Work permits (excluding entertainment working papers) for a state other than Pennsylvania, must be obtained in the state of employment. Pennsylvania work permits for minors are not honored in any other state.

    Please click HERE for Working Papers.

    E-mail Mrs. Horsch at lhorsch@crsd.org if you have any questions.