On behalf of the entire high school staff, it is a pleasure to extend to you an invitation to our 2021 “Back-to-School Night.” This informative evening will be held on Tuesday, September 28, 2021 from 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
In addition, various special interest presentations will be taking place throughout the school, according to the schedule on the reverse side of this letter.
- There will be an orientation of Naviance Student in rooms 121E and 125E for parents of all students. Naviance Student is a comprehensive website that can be used to make educated decisions about college and career selections.
- Held in the west side of the Cafeteria, seniors and their families are invited to a repeat presentation of Application Bootcamp, focusing on the college application process.
- Advance PSAT Registration will take place in the Counseling Office. This test is open to all sophomores and juniors, and will be administered on Saturday, October 16, 2021. The fee is $30.00, check or money order, payable to ‘Guidance Testing Fund’. PSAT registration form is available on the CR North counseling web site. Click on this link to access the form: http://www.crsd.org/Page/36580.
- In the east side Cafeteria, there will also be a Meet and Greet for the parents and IEP custodians.
- Lastly, in the 10th Grade Office, Mr. Scott will be available for parents to respond to questions or concerns about Keystone Testing.
The staff at Council Rock High School North is proud of our school and the educational program provided for your children. This evening is an opportunity for you to follow your child’s schedule, meet teachers, receive an overview of the program of studies, and see the physical facility in which students and teachers interact each day.
Teachers have been asked to cover the following items in each class:
- Course objectives
- Special information regarding your virtual/hybrid teaching plans
- Special activities planned for the year
- Homework expectations
- Return of Assessments
- Classroom management (grading policies, make-up work, HAC implementation, etc.)
Due to the limited time and the amount of material to be covered, this cannot be a period for parent conferences. Arrangements for individual conferences may be made with teachers or counselors at mutually convenient times.
Each student should have completed a course schedule on the sheet attached to this letter. Please bring your child’s schedule with you on Tuesday, September 28, 2021.
This evening activity produces heavy traffic congestion on all roads leading to the high school. Please allow ample driving and parking time. Please consider carpooling with neighbors.
We will make every effort to ensure that the evening will be informative and meaningful for you. I hope you are able to join us.