Welcome to the Council Rock Transportation Department Home Page.
Durham Is Looking for Well-qualified Candidates
Join the Team and Help Council Rock Students Travel Safely, Efficiently, and Timely to and From School.
If You Are Interested, Fill out an Application Today! Apply Here!
Important dates and reminders as the first day of school approaches:
- If your student will attend a daycare next year, please use the Day Care Transportation Request Form located under Resources on this page.
- The deadline to submit a daycare request form is July 22, 2022
- There is a current list of daycare providers to which the district provides busing. If you do not see a daycare listed please email us to find out if we bus to that location.
- Bus info is live in HAC as of August 15, 2022
- Please be sure to double check your student's bus information in HAC as soon as it becomes available, then again right before school starts as some minor changes may occur
- Similar to prior years, a black out period for changes will be in place at the beginning of the school year.
- Blackout period will be 8/15/22 to 9/16/22. No change requests will be processed or implemented during that time frame unless it is an urgent safety concern.
- During the blackout period, the completed routing is transmitted to Durham who will complete dry runs and allow our drivers time to learn and acclimate to the routes without having to adapt to changes.
- Only urgent safety concerns will be evaluated during that two week period when our drivers perfect the routes.
- Students should arrive 10 minutes prior to the time indicated in HAC until a routine is established. The pick-up time may differ slightly from the time noted on HAC as stops or the order of bus stops may need to be changed.
We ask parents to be patient during the first two weeks of the new school year. Drivers need time to settle into their routes and adjust to the needs of their passengers. We are especially mindful of the kindergarten and first-grade students during this time. Additionally, individual schools may extend the time for loading each bus to ensure all students are placed on correct buses.
While afternoon drop off times are provided in HAC, please keep in mind, these times are the optimal (earliest) estimations. We make every effort to honor our schedules. However, traffic, construction, and varying road conditions throughout the district can greatly impact our buses which all begin with High School routes, then Middle School or Non-public Schools and finally one or two Elementary School routes. We appreciate the community's patience and understanding as drop off times may fluctuate due to ever-changing conditions. If we become aware of delays, we communicate information via text and/or email to impacted bus routes using Blackboard.
The first four weeks of school are understandably very busy for the Transportation Department. The volume of requests is far heavier than any other time of year. We request that you use email as the primary means of contacting the department, and only use one method of communication. Avoid contacting the department multiple times. All requests are logged and handled as quickly as possible. Multiple requests lead to duplication of effort within the department and delayed response times. Rest assured every effort is made to respond timely to every request, no matter how it is received.