Welcome to Mrs. Vierick's Website!
For the 2022-2023 school year, I will be teaching
Honors Experimental Research in STEM
Materials for courses will be posted in Canvas.
Please view the menu options on the left for
General science helpful links
In addition, you can click this link to access review resources for the Keystone Exam in Biology.
Need a letter of recommendation! Please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org after you have completed this Google Form.
Any opportunities available to students over the summer are posted below.
- Post date--7/8/2022
In an effort to educate students and the community about careers in science and healthcare, Fox Chase Cancer Center’s Office of Academic Affairs is hosting a series of FREE weekly one-hour long webinars starting Wednesday, July 13th.
During each webinar, two specialists from across the Center will share their stories and answer questions about their training and career path. Careers in health care, science, business development, community engagement, fundraising, marketing and much, much more will be covered.
If your students have ever wondered about how to break into careers in research and healthcare, you are urged to share information about this seminar series with them!
Pre-registration is required to attend. Importantly, for those unable to tune in, the sessions will be recorded, and the content made available on the Center’s website in the future. Follow this link to access the webinars from 2021. The 2020 series is also available.
To find out more about the series and register for individual webinars, follow this link to the career series page: https://www.foxchase.org/research-training/career-path-education-series.
Wednesday, July 13th at 4 PM
· Marcin Chwistek, MD, FAAHMP – Director, Supportive Oncology and Palliative Care Program
· Josh Meyer, MD – Professor, Department of Radiation Oncology
Wednesday, July 20th at 4 PM
· Anna Liza Rodriguez, MSN, MHA, RN, OCN, NEA-BC – Chief Nursing Officer and Vice President, Nursing and Patient Services
· Rosanna (Rosie) Veggeberg, MS – Director, Investigator Sponsored Research Unit
Wednesday, July 27th at 4 PM
· Abiona (Abby) Berkeley, MD, JD – Interim Senior Associate Dean, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion; Professor, Clinical Anesthesiology
· Mary Sonke, MSW – Senior Project Manager
Friday, August 5th at 4 PM
· Alyssa Leystra, PhD – Education Coordinator, Academic Affairs; Teen Research Internship Program Co-Director
Camille Ragin, PhD, MPH – Professor, Cancer Prevention and Control; Associate Director, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion