Welcome to the Website of theHolland Middle School Co-ed Track Team2021 HMS Spring Track
Start Date: Monday, March 15th, 2021
- Head Coach: Mr. Gross
- Assistant Coach: Ms. Slifer
- Assistant Coach: Mr. Orenstein
All male track athletes will start on Monday, March 15th & female track athletes will start on Tuesday, March 16th in the main gym from 3:15-4:45pm. All athletes will remain indoors both days so you do NOT need to change. Athletes should report to the cafeteria at the 2:05pm dismissal to wait for practice to start. Athletes can eat lunch and complete homework at this time. Please make sure you have all your PIAA paperwork and concussion testing completed or you will not be allowed to participate. The rest of the schedule for practices will be discussed on that Monday the 15th (males) and Tuesday the 16th (females).You will need the following three items in order to participate:
* * * Please note: All three items listed below only need to be completed once a school year. If you already submitted the PIAA physical packet because you attended a tryout or played a sport in the fall/winter season you will still need to complete the spring re-certification form and PIAA SECTION 10: 2020-2021 Supplemental Acknowledgement waiver and release COVID-19 in order to tryout for another sport. Both forms can be found on the ATS website under the tab “forms”.1. PIAA Athletic Physical Packet:
We no longer accept paper form of the PIAA physical packet. Please see the Athletic Physical Information page for log-in directions to the ATS system in order to submit your PIAA Athletic Physical Packet online.
* Please note that if you already submitted the PIAA physical packet because you attended a tryout or played a sport in a different season you will need to complete the spring re-certification form and PIAA SECTION 10: 2020-2021 Supplemental Acknowledgement waiver and release COVID-19 in order to tryout for another sport. Both forms can be found on the ATS website under "forms".2. Online CCET Concussion-Education Program:Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, concussion education and ImPACT testing will be completed online from home. This is an informational presentation designed to educate students on concussion prevention, symptoms and follow-up care. Each section will have questions that students will have to answer in order to complete the program. When you have completed the presentation and all the questions, it will show you your score. Your Athletic Director will be able to see who has completed this presentation and the score you receive on the questions.
*This education program should be completed before taking the Impact Concussion Test
Please go to the Concussion and Safety page to learn more!
3. Online Impact Concussion Test:
The ImPACT Test consists of several cognitive questions which will provide a baseline for future impact testing in the event the student suffers a concussion during the Holland Middle School athletic season. The baseline can then be referenced to help determine an athlete’s readiness to return to practice and competitions. Concussion testing is MANDATORY for every student athlete. Athletes must have both the Concussion Education Program and the Impact Test completed before attending tryouts.
*If you are an 8th grade student who took the concussion test last year, you will still need to take it again this school year. Concussion tests are valid for one school year.
Please go to the Concussion and Safety page to learn more!Athletes that do NOT complete all three items will not be able to participate. There are no exceptions!Coach Mike is so excited for what is going to be a GREAT season. The current Covid-19 pandemic has challenged us and forced some changes but we will have a great season. Due to the pandemic other many Middle School programs have chosen not to compete this year. Therefore, our league is smaller and bigger meets are not an option. That said, each HMS Track and Field athlete will get to compete in at least one meet providing that the athlete is able to attend practice. Additionally, to allow for distancing we will have smaller practices and each athlete will attend practice one or two days per week. We will break down practice groups by discipline (sprints, distance, field events, etc..) therefore this year students will need to choose one area. You will need to stay in the group for the season.Please sign up here HMSTF Google Form - Sign up and fill out the form completely so we can start building a team list AND start building practice groupings.I use TEAMSNAP to communicate so I need a parent email and a student email for ALL athletes. It is how I communicate. I will use the email from the Google Form to send you an invitation to sign up for our TEAMSNAP list. If you don't sign up for TeamSnap you won't get the information needed to be a member of this team. Please accept this invitation prompty to start receiveing team notifications. If you do not accept the invitation you may miss important information.To participate in meets it is a requirement to wear the HMS uniform top with either the HMS shorts or your own NAVY shorts. To order your top please go to the team uniform store once it opens. ONLY the team tank top (called a singlet) is required. Other items are optional. (Link will be placed here once the store opens)
- Head Coach: Mr. Gross