Holland Middle School
Coach ContactVarsity Coach: Mrs. Kelly Korn - email@example.comJV Coach: Mr. Gregory Kramer - firstname.lastname@example.orgPratice Rules:1. Wear tie sneakers, athletic clothing and bring a labeled water bottle. LEAVE JEWELRY AT HOME!2. Your cell phone is not to be used during practices or games.3. Practices are 3:15-4:45 Monday-Friday - ALL are considered mandatory sessions (must communicate in writing if you are going to miss a practice for any reason). Missing the practice prior to a game will affect playing time.4. Rides home should be prompt - please have your ride here by 4:45 - car pooling suggested/recommended.How Volleyball Games Work:1. Home games
2. Away games
- start at 3:30PM
- players should report to the gym immediately after school and change in to their uniform ad help set up the gym for the game
- Pick up is at 5:00 - players are expected to stay for the entire game and help clean up after the games.
- Spectators will only sit on the bleachers on the opposite side of the gym from the players.
- Players expected to stay in the bleachers and cheer on teammates when not playing
- Dismissal is at 2:10 and bus leaves at 2:20 - do not be late (and you are responsible for all work missed - make sure to check in with your teacher). **Newtown games are a 2:20 Dismissal and 2:30 bus.
- Most games have a 3:15 start (Newtown is 3:30)
- Meet on the Hillcrest side of the building to board the bus - BRING EVERYTHING WITH YOU
- Masks required on the bus
- NO RETURN BUS FROM NEWTOWN
- Players will call/text when on the bus with an ETA for pick up at
- Permission form for parent driving home from an away match must be on file or players must take the return bus (must sign out with coach before leaving)
**The Varisty Squad plays a best of 3 match, the first two sets to 25, a deciding set to 15 if needed. All players on the varisty squad will play during this match.
**The JV squad plays 15 point games for the remaining time after the varisty match. We do our best to get all players in, if we do not due to time constraints those players are guartenteed to player in the next game.Important Information:2021 Girls Volleyball Schedule (updated on 9/22)Volleyball photos will take place on Friday, October 8th at practice. You will receive a yellow form from your coach. Please bring the form and fee directly to the photographer on the day of your photos. Do NOT bring the form/fee to your coach, homeroom teacher, or the athletic director.