The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is closely monitoring the spread of the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19), a respiratory illness that was first identified in December in Wuhan, China.
Council Rock is watching this health issue closely and our school nurses, custodial department and administration are doing all they can to keep everyone safe. We will continue to work with local health departments, as well as take guidance from the CDC and other governmental agencies that provide direction as the Coronavirus situation evolves.
There are ways that you can help keep our schools healthy. Preventative measures include:
- Talk to your child(ren) about good hygiene practices.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when sick.
- Sneeze into elbows, instead of their hands.