Council Rock School District is excited to once again celebrate and honor the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. This year, we will do so virtually through kindness. From Saturday, January 16th through Friday, January 22nd, the entire Council Rock community including alumni, and as well as our local, state, and national representatives, are invited to honor Dr. King’s legacy by spreading acts of kindness within our community and beyond. Beginning on January 16th, we encourage you to share some kindness and service to others and document what you have done by posting photos and videos to Twitter and Facebook using the hashtag:
- Choose your own act of kindness
- Thank our First Responders for their tireless efforts by writing a letter, dropping off cookies, etc.
- Send a card to a service member.
- Donate to the Wrightstown Food Cupboard. Items could be food or gift cards.
- Give blood - visit https://www.redcrossblood.org/
- Make a video of yourself reading a favorite children's book and share with a teacher for virtual story time.
- Make a donation to a charity. (ie Ronald McDonald House, CHOP, American Cancer Society, ALS Hope Foundation, Breast Cancer Research Foundation, etc)
- Make activity bags for families of deployed soldiers.
- Say thank you when you see a service member or first responder.
- Make a candy gram for your local police department.
- Pay it forward - (ie. pay for coffee for the person behind you).
- Help a friend study.
- Pick up litter in your neighborhood.
- Hold the door open for someone.
- Bake dessert for a neighbor.
- Volunteer to walk dogs at a local animal shelter.
- Compliment a friend.
- Donate a toy to a children’s hospital.
- Do a chore for someone without them knowing.
- Write down a sibling or parents best qualities on a sticky note and leave it on their bedroom door or mirror.
- Set the table for dinner.
- Tape a video message to a faraway friend or family member.
- Virtually read a book to someone in your family living in a different house.
- Make a homemade gift for someone.
- Clean up your room without being asked.
- Send a letter to your grandparents.
- Tell a joke.
- Collect spare change to donate to a charity.
- Donate outgrown clothes.
- Help a parent prepare dinner or dessert.
- Write a poem to share.
- Reach out to a friend you haven’t talked to in a while.
- Make a new friend.
- Become an undercover agent of kindness by doing unexpected acts of kindness every day!
- Read Martin Luther King’s “I Have a Dream” speech.
- Take a virtual tour of the National Civil Rights Museum in Memphis, TN
- Read a book about MLK’s life.
- Learn more about the Civil Rights Movement.
- Learn about MLK historical places of relevance.
CR Acts of Kindness Participation
Please take a minute to fill out the following survey to indicate your relationship with Council Rock School District and to show the location of your kindness. Participants can access the survey through the following link or QR code.
MLK Day Acts of Kindness Results Dashboard
Our community is invited to utilize the following link to access a dashboard that shows our project progress in real-time. See how our acts of kindness combine to make a positive difference in our local community.
ACTS OF KINDNESS RESULTS DASHBOARD