Please review our attendance policies
- REGULAR AND PROMPT ATTENDANCE IS THE KEY TO SUCCESS!
- When a student misses school due to illness or an emergency, it is their responsibility to present a parent/guardian note to their homeroom teacher within three school days.
- If a note is not submitted within three days, absences are recorded as unlawful.
- Unlawful absences remain on permanent record and may be turned over to the district judge.
- Arrive at school on time each day. Repeated lateness to school adds up to missed academic time! Remember, excused lateness due to doctor appointments, illness and legitimate emergencies must be accompanied by a note. Lateness due to car trouble, oversleeping, or missing the bus will not be excused.
- It is not necessary to call the school to report if a student is going to be absent. A note upon their return stating the date(s) missed and the reason for the absence will be sufficient.
- Electronic Absence Form will NOT BE ACCEPTED for any student accumulating 10 or more absences. A Physician’s note will be required for any student who has been absent for 10 or more occurrences.
- In order to succeed in school, you must be here!
CRSD Attendance Policy - Click here to read the CRSD Board Policy on Student Attendance
Early Dismissal Procedures
In order for a student to be dismissed early, a signed parent/guardian request should be submitted to the Attendance Office by 7:45 a.m. on the day of the early dismissal. The parent request must include:
1. A legitimate reason for the request.
2. A phone number where the parent/guardian can be reached to verify the request. Have your parent/guardian note signed at the Attendance office. Use your approved note as a pass from the class that you will be leaving. Report to the Attendance Office and sign out.
Please do not send a note in ahead of time for a future event.
Without this protocol, you may experience delays as the front office tries to locate your child’s class and interrupt class instruction to call the student. Emailing the teacher does not ensure that the information will get to the Attendance Office in time for the above to occur, and the student to have the necessary hall pass to leave for dismissal. Also, while it may be difficult to say exactly what time you can arrive for pick up, we do ask for a more concrete anticipated time rather than a range of time, which allows students to stay in class for as much instructional time possible.
Absence Reporting Methods
CRSD parents/guardians must notify the school district via email or written communication when their child misses school. Notification must clearly indicate the date(s) and reason of absence. The school district must receive student absence communication within three school days of a student's return to school. Parents/guardians will receive both an automated phone call and an email regarding student absences. In the event that your child is absent from school for three or more consecutive days and you have not notified the school as to the reason for the absence, a school nurse will automatically call your home.
There are three (3) ways CRSD parents/guardians can report a student’s absence
1. Online (Preferred Method)
Respond directly to the absentee email that you will receive on the day of the absence. Parents can send an absence note to firstname.lastname@example.org to notify our Attendance office of a student absence.
2. Printable Absent Forms
Report an absence by using our Printable Absence Form. Print it, fill it in, and send it into school, with your child to be dropped off in the main office.
3. Handwritten Note
Handwrite or type a note and send it into school with your child. The child should take the note to the main office. Please include your child’s first and last name, the date(s) of the absence, and the reason for the absence.